Whispers of Mystery

Whispers of Mystery
Unknown source. Please e-mail me if you know the artist.

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The Way of Zen through the Pandemic


A week ago, I shared with my social media friends my choice to couple "stay at home" with a social media fast.  Of course, I am still here blogging, and I'll keep doing so through this pandemic.  My own perspectives on the pandemic differ from just about everyone I know.  Most are in fear over the health crisis; I am not.  Some are cynically critical of the media's narrative; I agree, but see a higher purpose. Some are afraid of its apocalyptic overtones; I am not. Some are scorning the president; some are praising him.  I am doing neither at this time; he's trying to look at the bigger picture, but, as always, he remains entirely incompetent for his position.  Some are hanging on the words of a traditional health expert who happens to be in an important position right now, Dr. Fauci; I do not; I listen to Dr. Bruce Lipton and others with a newer, more holistic approach to health.  (These two medical researchers will be discussed in my next post.)  Finally, most are distressed for what the future holds after this pandemic has passed; for those of us willing to learn from it, I am hopeful.

For now, enjoy the tidbit I shared with my social media friends and the Way of Zen poem to complement it:

"A post is circulating that Christianity isn't able right now to speak to the pandemic; I disagree. However, eastern spiritual wisdom really does. I was led to Lao Tsu and others in the second half of 2019, possibly in preparation for this moment. After the work the Spirit led me into last week, I am really ready now to soak in "stay at home" with inspiring texts, my own writing, and bonding with my family. So I will complement that with a social media break for a while. . . .  Something beautiful will come out of our current hardship, my friends, as we enter our hiding places, reflect on what really matters, discover how important our relationships are, and learn to build a better planet. Meanwhile, to all and to your health, strength, and peace."

Malika - The way of zen #zen #malika #malikathreading... | Facebook




No comments:

Post a Comment